Marriott International Releases Annual Serve 360 Report
Report Highlights Progress on Marriott's Environmental, Social, and Governance Efforts
Experience the full interactive Multichannel News Release here: https://www.multivu.com/players/English/9178651-marriott-international-2023-serve-360-report/
"Since its founding in 1927, Marriott has placed a priority on serving its communities and creating a positive impact wherever we do business," said Anthony Capuano, President and CEO,
Marriott's Serve 360 platform was launched in 2017 in support of the
Strengthening Environmental Stewardship
- Committed to set a near-term science-based emissions reduction target and set a long-term science-based target to reach net-zero emissions by no later than 2050.
- Developed a program to accelerate the installation and adoption of electric vehicle (EV) charging stations at hotels across the globe; as of year-end 2022, over 5,500 EV chargers have been installed at Marriott properties worldwide.
- Transitioning to residential-sized bath amenities, which the company expects will prevent around 500 million small bath amenity bottles from going to landfills each year when fully implemented.
- Supported mangrove restoration in
Mexicoand the UAE, reforestation in the U.S., and renewal of fisheries in Thailandand South America, helping to promote ecosystem resilience and protect biodiversity.
Stepping Up Social Impact
$50 millionto increase hotel ownership among historically underrepresented groups through "Marriott's Bridging the Gap" development program in the U.S.and Canada.
- Trained over one million managed and franchised associates since 2016 to recognize and respond to the signs of human trafficking.
- Spent nearly
$660 millionwith diverse suppliers across the Marriott portfolio in 2022.
The J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott Foundation, contributed over $5 millionto support those impacted by the war in Ukrainein 2022 and $2 millionto support those affected by the earthquakes in Türkiye and Syriain 2023 through the Marriott Disaster Relief Fund, Marriott Bonvoypoints donations, cash and in-kind giving by hotels.
- Volunteered more than 1.6 million hours in local communities around the world in 2022.
Driving Diversity in Leadership
- 8 of 13 members on
Marriott International'sBoard of Directors are women and/or people of color as of May 12, 2023.
- Women made up 47% of Marriott's global executives (VP level and above) at year-end 2022, with a goal to reach executive gender parity by year-end 2023.
- People of color hold 22% of
U.S.executive positions with a goal of increasing diverse representation to 25% by year-end 2025.
More details about
Note on Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of federal securities laws, including statements regarding Marriott's ESG targets, goals, commitments, expectations, and objectives, and similar statements concerning possible future events or expectations that are not historical facts. We caution you that these statements are not guarantees of future performance or results and are subject to numerous evolving risks and uncertainties that we may not be able to accurately predict or assess, including the risk factors that we identify in our
Director of Strategic Communications and Media Relations